Thursday, July 7, 2011

DETERMINATION

Discouraged? Overwhelmed? Lonely? Don't give up. This is a test of your determination. People will want you to quit, but don't do it. See it through. No one else can live your dream. No one else can make your dreams real. Breathe and stand strong and make things happen. My sailboat capsized the other day. I was the butt of many jokes, but who cares. I'm getting in a boat tomorrow and I can't wait to do it all over again. Why should you let other people dictate your life? Why be influenced by them? For every day that you feel discouraged, there's a day that everything just flows into place. For every day that you feel lonely, there is a group of supportive people just around the corner. When I was younger I spent a lot of time trying to please other people or get other people to like me and I realize it is not worth doing. If I want joy and success in my life, I'm not going to waste time trying to get other people's attention especially now when I know that they really didn't have what I wanted in the first place.

Word of the Day:

detente

 \dey-TAHNT\ , noun; 
A relaxing of tension, especially between nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment