Today's topic is Excitement. Let's tackle the important questions surrounding this issue. First of all, "How do we stay excited for life on a daily basis?" and "How do we stay excited about our goals when we don't feel like we're making any progress towards them?
I think it's important to keep your excitement level high. It connects you to other people and it's infectous. On my drive to work this morning, I did not have that high level of excitement. I actually was remembering someone that really got me upset and I could feel myself becoming more upset as I thought about it. The truth is, it's easy to get to that negative place. In the morning it happens for me in no time flat. But I want to be excited for life on a daily basis. I want to wake up everyday feeling like it's Christmas morning. My son's smiling face and my wife's positive attitude help me get to that place, but sometimes you just have to fake enthusiasm until you have enthusiasm. Everyday it is important to remember your goals and think about something you can do each day to help you attain that goal. Sometimes the answer is clear. For me, if I want to get my second degree black belt, I have to start showing up for class. If I want to make a movie, I have to think up the movie that I want to make and get a team of people together and make it. Sometimes just telling other people about our goals can help us feel excited about them. I feel that moving and exercising can help us get our energy and enthusiasm up. Looking for positive people can help our energy level stay up and our excitement stay on a high level. Tomorrow on the way to work, I will try to think of all the things that I am excited about and all the things that I will be excited about once I achieve them. I suggest the same strategy for you. There is something exciting in each activity if we look for it. There can be variety in every moment, we just have to look at the big picture and see what our current actions are going to give us. When we know that we are doing something that will help us with our future goals, that is pretty exciting. Finishing my certification in teaching is exciting, especially when I think about how close I am and how far I've had to come. Let's feel the victory today and everyday. Let's be excited!
Before we go, don't forget to thank your creator for this wonderful gift of life. Send yourself a memo.
M.E.M.O: Make Every Moment Outstanding
Word of the Day:
Afflated: adj.
Having inspiration, inspired.
Origin: 1840–50; obsolete afflate to inspire (< Latin afflātus, past participle of afflāre
Quote of te Day:
"The two most powerful words...I AM. I am receiving every good thing. I am happy. I am abundant. I am healthy. I am love. I am always on time. I am eternal youth. I am filled with energy every single day."

No comments:
Post a Comment