I like to think when we ask these questions, we get answers that we truly want.
When I looked up 'Perfect' in the dictionary, the first definition read: 1. Without any flaws or mistakes. This is the definition we are all most familiar with, I'm sure, but the next definition read 2. To succeed at something with effort in making something work well. I like to think of this definition when thinking of perfect. Striving for perfection is a great trait to have. True, there are moments in our lives that are perfect moments. For me, the birth of my son was a perfect moment. Proposing to my wife was a perfect moment. Purchasing a home was a perfect moment. I feel it's important to remember the perfect moments, because that can help us feel better about the moments that weren't so perfect. I like to think of the dictionary's 2nd definition for 'Perfect' because I like to think of perfect moments as times when at first you failed, but then came back and conquered the task making it a perfect moment. I remember I tried out for lifeguard training. The first time I tried to take the test I got tired and got a lung full of water and I was so embarrassed, I walked right out. But then some time later, I started taking swim lessons, I started training and I went back and aced that test and I am still a certiified lifeguard to this day. Passing that test was a perfect moment for me. Another time I tested for my black belt in karate. I was nervous because I knew that I would have to do some sparring. When it came time to do some sparring, my sensei kept sending people up against me. I must have had 4 different people sparring against me and at one point I leaned in and got a shot right at my eye, but I was so pumped full of adrenaline I didn't really notice. It was a perfect moment for me because I felt confident and strong and not afraid. I felt like I could take on anything.
Try to think of moments in your life that you were able to conquer something. Maybe there's somthing in your life that isn't perfect, but making the best of something can lead to a perfect moment. Remember the things that make you feel strong and fill you life with blessings. Remember the perfect moments and how it felt in you heart to have that moment. Life should be full of these positive moments.
Before we go, don't forget to thank your creator for this wonderful gift of life. Send yourself a memo.
M.E.M.O: Make Every Moment Outstanding
Word of the Day:
Helioatry: 'n' :
Worship of the Sun
Heliolatry stems from the Greek helio-, "sun," and -latry, "worship."
Quote of the Day:
"The Supreme Power of the Universe is all love, and your direct access to all the love being offered to you is through your heart."
Quote of the Day:
"The Supreme Power of the Universe is all love, and your direct access to all the love being offered to you is through your heart."
***Below is a video link for Perfection***

No comments:
Post a Comment