Thursday, June 9, 2011

SIGNIFICANCE

Significance is the topic for today. When I think about significance, I tend to think about things I do that makes me feel important. I think the ultimate question is essentially "When we die, what will we be known for as our significant contribution?" I like to think that we are put here for a purpose and we need to fullfill our life's purpose before we go. So I ask, "What make me feel Significant?" I suppose for me there are a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Being a good husband and father is a goal that I strive for everyday. Being a good educator is important to me. Being a good friend to those in need as well. I think we all have to come to grips with the reality that we won't be around forever and think about the impact you have made on the lives of others. I think you can't go wrong with being generous and volunteering your time. I like to volunteer my time in the community. I've helped install wheelchair ramps and work on housing projects and that feels really good. The types of experiences that help me feel significant are doing things that feel good and that are good for me and for others as well as serve the greater good. I still have a dream of making a feature film and have it seen throughout the country. Maybe I'll never see that dream through, maybe I have another purpose. I like working on films and I have made a few short 35mm films in black and white. The nice thing is that films last long after we're gone and it's a great way to reach people. I get excited just talking about filmmaking. Anyway, let's make sure to hold on to things that make us feel significant. Lets not give up our dreeams. Let's be creative and ask for help from our higher power, whether you refer to that power as God or the Universe. I know there is a higher power because everything has a reason for existing. That's just how it is. If you have found out what makes you significant and see that it serves a higher purpose and that you will be remembered for it when you're gone, then your assignment is complete. If not, think about the positve impact that you have on others and how that makes you feel significant and important enough that you will be remembered for it after you are gone.

Before we go, don't forget to thank your creator for this wonderful gift of life. Send yourself a memo.
M.E.M.O: Make Every Moment Outstanding


Word of the Day:
lucubrate: to work, write or study laboriously

Quote of the Day:
"What makes an engine go? Desire, desire, desire.




No comments:

Post a Comment